Jan 9, 2016

Old Bench Love

Are you in love with wood benches like I am?


Before Christmas I found this bench that maybe went with an outdoor picnic table in a previous life. It was red and nicely aged.
Since I wanted to use it inside I painted it a color that goes with my neutral color scheme. It sits in the front entry against our glossy black railing.
A few months ago I posted about this black bench that I had made for the entry. The great thing with  benches is that they are so versatile. They serve a great purpose as a coffee table in a tight space - one of my favorite looks.
You can never have too many benches. They work for so many rooms. At the foot of the bed, as a bookshelf or as we are using one here - a catch all ledge for what ever we need to drop as we come and go.


Above the bench is a coat or hat rack. Hooks are another "must have" in the entry. This one is simply a 1x3 of wood screwed into the railing with some generic hooks placed along the front.
It's super casual and inviting (to me, anyway).

Some of you commented on that awesome rocking chair in my Winter Living Room post. I have to admit, I am just "chair-sitting" for my brother. He gave this old rocker to his little wife when she was pregnant. They are in a transition right now so I am hanging on to the chipped white goodness until it has a permanent place to stay.
Also, for those of you who are missing out on all the snow this winter - I will share some of mine.
Isn't it beautiful? I have only gotten stuck in my driveway three times (with 4x4 vehicles). Not bad!

Well...Thanks for checking in here!
Have a lovely weekend!




PS: If you love benches too - here are a couple of tutorials on how to make your own. Enjoy!
Make a Sturdy Wooden Bench

9 comments :

Katie Mansfield said...

I adore benches. I love the color you painted it. I would like our own snow and maybe a snow day? Stay warm, Holly.

NanaDiana said...

Beautiful! I love benches of any kind. Years ago I built several of them. Wishing I had some of them now. LOVE the color you painted it. xo Diana

Jennifer Schmitz said...

Love the bench and the color you picked was perfect.

chateau chic said...

I do...I do...I do love benches for all the same reason! Your entryway looks so inviting and fabulous. I know you're loving your new home...and yes, I would love some of that snow here.
Thanks for visiting...I'm missing Virginia too!
Mary Alice

Sunflowers With Smiles said...

Love benches too and love yours.,, Your entryway looks so,welcoming.

Kelly said...

I love benches too. The one that you're just now sharing today definitely reminds me of the ones I grew up with on our back patio with our picnic table. You know I rarely see those anymore! You've found some great ways to use benches in your home.

Christine Vandormolen said...

Love the color, send me some snow Holly?????? HUGS

Marianne Dragon Waagan(Fru Fransen) said...

Love your benches :) Nice blog I love to visit again:)

Marianne

Brooke Kroeger said...

Your bench is darling, I would love for you to share it at my Flea Market Friday party at www.creativecountrymom.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...